Jet Edge has been monitoring updates surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and has received a number of inquiries about safety when traveling. Our team has personnel dedicated to ensuring the safety and security of all aircraft, passengers, and crew at all times. We have implemented precautionary measures and guidelines in response to the Coronavirus.
Our top priority is the health and safety of Jet Edge clients, crew, and employees. The Jet Edge team is committed to delivering the same elevated flight experience, as we continue to serve our clients during this time of increased demand.
Our Safety and Security division partners directly with and is following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), the Transportation Security Association (TSA), and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Under the direction and guidance of the Jet Edge Senior Vice President of Safety and Security and their team, we have ensured the following:
- Jet Edge has enhanced aircraft cleaning procedures in between each flight.
- The interiors of Jet Edge aircraft are treated with anti-microbial spray, within our standard operating procedures (SOP).
- We have supplemented sanitary moist towelettes and hand sanitizers on all aircraft for our crew and passengers.
- In the event of any passenger illness at any time, the aircraft immediately undergoes a deep cleaning and disinfecting. This procedure will be followed based on CDC guidelines for the Coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as within our SOP.
- The cabin air pressurization system aboard our aircraft regularly cycles the air in the cabin with fresh outside air every 20 minutes during flight.
- All Jet Edge personnel are aware of and have been specifically trained for all safety procedures and guidelines surrounding Coronavirus.
Jet Edge is committed to continue to deliver a world-class flight experience while keeping the health and safety of our clients, crew, and employees as our main focus.
Towards this goal the following preventative measures are now in effect:
- Flight and/or cleaning crews are thoroughly wiping down all interior surfaces of the aircraft with disinfectant wipes at the end of every passenger flight to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. This included handrails, seats, galley surfaces, passenger control panels, passenger air gaspers, lavatory surfaces, and other surfaces frequently touched by passengers. The aircraft cockpit and aircraft access doors are also thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Jet Edge and JetSelect will also make every effort to clean our aircraft at the end of every day.
- All flights will include a Level 2 Cleaning fee.
- Jet Edge and JetSelect flights have also stepped up our aircraft cleaning procedures to include maintenance operations. Aircraft going into and out of maintenance will be thoroughly cleaned according to the procedures noted above.
- Additionally, each aircraft will have alcohol-based hand sanitizer accessible and visible to our passengers upon enplaning. This would include a bottle in the galley or aircraft entrance and within the lavatory.
- Each aircraft will also have disposable gloves available for use while cleaning / disinfecting the interior surfaces.
- Crews have the authority to increase both the level of detail and frequency of cleaning as necessary to adjust to changing conditions.
- Should a passenger become sick during our flight, additional precautions and procedures will be applied.
TRAVEL AND SECURITY MEASURES:
Through questionnaire and evaluation, all passengers and crew must acknowledge that they have not had any known recent exposures to the virus based on their travel history or social activities, have not recently requested to be tested for the virus, and do not have any current signs of fever, persistent cough, or difficult breathing before being admitted to fly.
DOMESTIC FLIGHT TRAVEL PRECAUTIONS:
- No change to normal procedures
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS: DEPARTING FROM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES:
- No change to normal procedures
DEPARTING FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES TO THE UNITED STATES FROM RESTRICTED AREAS:
All passengers and Jet Edge/JetSelect personnel will be thoroughly screened if they have visited any of the following area(s) 14 days prior to scheduled departure in order to determine eligibility to fly and enter the US at an approved entry airport:
- MAINLAND CHINA
- SOUTH KOREA
- EUROPE (To Include Schengen Area Nations)
- GREAT BRITAIN / UNITED KINGDOM (to include the Republic of Ireland)
DEPARTING FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES TO THE US FROM UNRESTRICTED AREAS:
- Precautionary screening will be completed on all passengers.